Thursday, April 21, 2011

Doubting Easter

I would have to admit that there have been many times in my life that I, too, have been like Doubting Thomas!

The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he (Thomas) said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."  John 20:26-29

Please take the time to watch this short video.  I know it will minister to you and encourage you.  
Pass it on to others that need to hear the message as well.


It is so easy to doubt.  The enemy loves to put questions in our minds.  When things are tough and hard, we second-guess ourselves and the decisions that we have made.  Pray for faith and put your trust in the Lord even when things don't make sense.

May we all have faith like the Centurion:
And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. "For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."  When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!  Matthew 8:-10

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Romans 10:17

You are blessed because you have not seen, yet, you believe!  
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Spread the message of Hope that Easter brings,
 

No comments: